I previously made egg biscuits but I wasn’t too satisfied with how they turned out. So I set about tweaking the recipe. This version is one I’m much happier with.
These bite sized treats are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast. The crust is made of pillsbury dough, creating a nice soft, flaky exterior. Inside is a mix of egg, cheese and ham. I added some milk to the egg mixture so that the filling would have a more souffle like texture because on my last batch I thought the egg mixture tasted a little dry.
These were seriously addicting and easy to make.
Recipe: Egg Biscuits
(adapted from Picky Palate)
- 1 can of Pillsbury biscuit dough (grand junior size)
- 2 eggs
- shredded cheese
- ham, chopped up
- Grease bottoms of muffin pan.
- Crack two eggs into a liquid measuring cup. Add milk until it reaches up 1 cup. Beat the mixture with a whisk until it is completely yellow.
- Place individual biscuit dough slices into each muffin mold, pressing along the sides to flatten and shape the dough to conform to muffin cup (dough will puff up when baking so make sure to flatten as much as possible).
- Pour in egg mixture inside each biscuit dough cup until 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle some cheese and chopped up ham into each cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400F, until biscuit is golden and egg mixture is fully cooked.