I love baking for other people. Recently we had some friends visit and so I decided to bake some nutella chocolate chip cookies.
Our friends loved these cookies. Loved loved. I was really happy that they came out so well. I’ve made these before and have completely incorporated the nutella in the batter. Since my friends really like nutella, I thought about just barely mixing in the nutella in the hopes that the nutella flavor would stand out more.
The nutella keeps these cookies nice and fudgy in the middle, however the nutella flavor tends to get lost. Even with the swirling, the nutella flavor still got a little lost unfortunately. But these cookies are still pretty amazing.
Recipe: Nutella swirl chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined. Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the nutella, letting it swirl throughout the batter. Don’t over stir if you want a marbling effect on your cookies.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough and roll between your palms to shape into 1 inch balls and drop onto baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from tray and let them cool on wire racks.