I love breaking into one, while it is still warm from the oven.
Muffins are so easy to make too. These muffins need only one bowl, a wooden spoon and a measuring cup.
I like this muffin batter because it’s thick enough to keep the berries from sinking under. This is one of my favorite blueberry muffin recipes. Adapted from this recipe.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- about ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line muffin pan with cupcake liners (about 12).
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup to the 1 cup measuring mark. Mix this into the flour mixture. Fold in 1½ cups blueberries. Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. Sprinkle the rest of the blueberries on top of the batter. Then sprinkle with raw sugar crystals if desired.
- Bake for about 20 in the preheated oven, or until done.