I never get sick of madeleines. Their funky humps and spongy texture make these cookie-cakes quite unique.
Recipe: Vanilla Madeleines
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour twenty-four Madeleine molds.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar. Beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and satiny.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift 1/2 of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter. Spoon batter into the prepared molds, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the top s spring back. Cool in molds on a rack for 1 minute. Loosen cookies with a knife. Invert cookies onto a rack and cool.
Cooking time (duration): 30 mins
Meal type: dessert
Adapted from All recipes