The Chef Mochi series comics is named after the Japanese confectionery treat mochi, which we love. I’ve noticed a serious lack of mochi recipes on this site, so here’s a recent one I made.
Here are some of your ingredients:
Everything goes into the mixer:
Then you pour out the batter into a 9 x 13 pan.
Bake for an hour and then wait for the cake to cool before cutting.
This is really easy to make and because it’s in a form of a cake, you don’t have to deal with touching the sticky flour dough.
Pumpkin desserts are usually mixed with cinnamon and other fall spices. This one is just pure pumpkin flavor. This is one of our favorite mochi treats. Enjoy!
- 29 oz can Pumpkin puree
- 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Cup of butter melted
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 lb box Mochiko-sweet rice flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- In a medium bowl mix mochiko flour, baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Allow the cake to cool completely for a few hours before cutting and serving.