Hello everyone! Sorry for the long hiatus. We’re back and hopefully here to stay. We have some individual projects, so we won’t be able to share as many comics and recipes as we would like, but we would like to share a few every month to our readers. (I know D already gave a similar spiel, but I wanted to say something too since this is my first post since our hiatus.)
With pumpkin season in full effect, our house has smelled like pumpkins and cinnamon from all the baking I’ve been doing. I thought these were perfect for the blog. How adorable are these mini donut muffins?!
I took a recipe from King’s Arthur Flour for baked donuts and made them in my mini muffin pan instead. The only issue I had was that it was hard to put cinnamon sugar on the tops because they are so round and smooth. I probably should have added some butter on top and then sprinkled on cinnamon sugar, but I just ended up leaving these plain for the photo.
I did eventually add the cinnamon sugar though and I recommend doing so because it really brings out the Fall flavors from these mini muffins.
Recipe Source: King Arthur Flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1¾ cups + 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- melted butter for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease donut pans.
- In a large bowl, beat everything together except flour until smooth. Add in flour and stir until just smooth.
- Line mini muffin pans with liners. Pour donut batter into molds about ⅔ filled. Bake 8-10 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let donut muffins cool before coating with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon into a bowl and mix together until thoroughly mixed. Brush tops of muffins with melted butter. Then dip tops with cinnamon sugar coating.